Most weeks, Jonathan's spelling homework includes writing a certain number of sentences. Some weeks, he takes it upon himself to use all his spelling words in as few sentences as possible. This particular week (a few weeks ago,) he decided he needed to use them all in one sentence. Here's the sentence. Run-on sentence or not, I thought it was pretty great.
It says, "What if I was alone in the world in our country, America, on the north side of a line called the equator and I had a phone and I could only talk to the foxes and I learned their language and wrote it down in a notebook and closed the stove on it so that it got smoky and my plot was to burn it up because I didn't want to talk to the foxes?"The original version ended with, "...because I wanted to kill their language?" but he told me he changed that because he knew that talking about killing was not appropriate for school.
Just a little insight into the mind of our seven-year-old.
No comments:
Post a Comment