Even though these were quite awhile ago, I had to share them.
When I see the kids absorbed in books, it makes me feel like a successful parent. And, since I have lots of other moments when I don't feel like a successful parent, I take lots of pictures during the feeling-successful moments.
He loves Diary of a Worm right now. And curious Geoge. And lots of other things. Such a huge contrast to when he was a baby and I had to force him to listen to stories. I remember wondering if he would ever stop wiping his hands in his hair after every meal, or ever stop taking off his shoes every time we got into the car, or ever stop fighting me when I read to him. He has changed so much, but he is still the giggly, cuddly kid he's always been.
Grace had to decorate herself, and her cow.
This is how she sleeps sometimes.
I'm not exactly ready for her to be reading Roald Dahl books, or Calvin and Hobbes, but sometimes she grabs what Jonathan has left laying around before I can catch her.
How to read Shel Silverstein.
Last time we visited our friends Sarah and Todd and their boys, I didn't get many pictures, but these two - above and below - were good ones.
And here are a couple of pics from the pool.
At the end of Jonathan's school year, I got to go on a field trip with him, thanks to my mom! Here we are having lunch together. I made some offhand comment about his braces being dirty, and I shouldn't have, because he wouldn't show his teeth in the picture. I learn my lesson! But we still had a fun time.


No comments:
Post a Comment