March 7, 2009

Church Ladies

The church ladies hosted a baby shower today for my friends Leslie, Julie, and me.  This will be the second baby for each of us, and I was really touched that our church family wanted to give us a shower.  I loved sharing the attention with them...I'd much rather share than have it all to myself.  Leslie and Julie are both due about a month and a half from now and have kids younger than Jonathan:  Leslie's son will be two in September, and we're close to Julie's daughter's second birthday right now.  This is the first time I've been near my mom for a shower (or baby!) and it was fun to have her there today, along with my grandma and Doreen.
Here we are:  Leslie, Julie, and me

There's a talented lady in our church who put together diaper cakes for each of us.  They were wrapped up with receiving blankets and ribbon and had all kinds of goodies inside.  Julie and Leslie are both having boys, so Leslie's cake was lion-themed and Julie's was puppy-themed.

The same talented lady made these amazingly cute cookies and had them at each place.  We also had a delicious brunch.


Here we are opening our cakes.  We were truly overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of our church family.  It's really special to know that our baby will be welcomed by so many wonderful people both locally and far away!

(While we were at the baby shower, Jeff and Jonathan were doing "guy things."  Jonathan has such a great daddy who loves spending time with him.  They went to a place that has lots of bouncy-house type equipment, but indoors.  It was the first time to that type of place for both of them.  I think they both had a super fun time.  After that, they went to a camping/outdoors store.  More guy bonding!

Jeff has also been nesting.  He did some deep cleaning today that I really appreciate.  I have to say, though, that I have completely missed out on the nesting instinct.  So, thanks, Jeff, for picking up my slack!)

1 comment:

The VM Family said...

You and your friends look so cute!

And how did you manage to escape nesting?! :)