March 11, 2009

We Heart Legos

We had a great experience with Lego today, and I had to share.

We gave Jonathan set #6187 for Christmas, and it's been a big hit. We have fastidiously kept all the Legos in their assigned homes since then except for one piece: the scoop to the front loader. After weeks of living without it, I decided to contact Lego to get another scoop today.  They were super-nice (as nice as can be on email) and replied to me within an hour or two to let me know they'd be sending me a scoop for free.  How great is that?  Of course, we found the scoop among the Duplos almost immediately afterwards, and I let Lego know we didn't need the scoop after all.  But, I was so happy with their customer service that I had to spread the good word!
Here's the front loader...modified by Jonathan.  His favorite parts are extra lights and exhaust pipes.


The top of his dresser has become the new home for his creations.  It's the perfect height for him, and he'll already be in the habit of keeping Legos isolated in his room when the baby gets mobile.

As far as baby news, we don't have any, but I have been so touched by family and friends who have been checking on us.  I'm really doing pretty well as long as I don't have to sit still for very long.  (Time in the car is the hardest, and sitting at church or Bible study is a close second.  The baby is still hanging out in my ribs.)  My mom was so sweet to bring me groceries today so that I didn't have to drive.  (Getting the groceries would have been the easy part!)  I'm just trying to spend time with Jonathan and Jeff as well as keep laundry and meals caught up.  Everything is about to change!

3 comments:

kristinleighkelly said...

Hey there--I am stalking your blog EVERY DAY waiting for your baby! I pray for a healthy little one and safe delivery. Glad you are back with family and friends in California--I know Jenny, Ava and Jane miss you guys!

Blessings~
Kristin Henricks Kelly

Jo said...

I keep looking at the blog, too, in hopes of new news. We keep checking our cell phones. I can't wait!! I'm praying for you and the baby daily. Wish we could be there right now.
jo

Unknown said...

hi, is been quite some times I never check on your blog, doesn't know that you have been shifted here, and I saw the date I though of must be busy on new baby... hooshh.. can't wait for the good news!
from : baby jonathan's mom