December 16, 2010

Plans vs. Reality

Well, with our planned c-section on Friday, I had plans.  Granted, this baby has kept me from feeling great for quite some time, but I thought I could still get some meals planned for my family, make sure they have clean clothes and clean house, get a few groceries, etc.  I planned to blog Thanksgiving and birthday pictures, and if things went really well, to catch up on thank-you notes for birthdays.  The first few items didn't seem too out of reach.

Instead, I have been totally knocked over by this cold.  I have gotten nothing done at all.  Grace has been watching videos while I lay on the couch.  It hasn't been pretty.  Huge thanks to everyone who has been helping me and encouraging me.

And, last night, Jeff and I were up for a good portion of the night while I had some very consistent contractions.  We talked to the hospital people and they told us to come in, and we called our friend who is our overnight point-person and my mom who will get the kids up in the morning for breakfast, etc., when the baby comes.  So they lost a good bit of sleep, as well.

When I got out of bed to get ready to go to the hospital and stood up for a bit, the contractions stopped, and we didn't end up going to the hospital.  But it was a very uncomfortable night with very little sleep.

All this to say, we'll have some stories to tell this baby boy or girl someday.  Having each of our kids has involved a different kind of journey.  I've certainly never had one quite like this before.  If we can make it until our morning appointment to welcome Baby into the world, that will be great.  This will be my last post until then...and we really appreciate everyone's thoughts, prayers, and encouragement!

I'll close with a quote from this morning from Jonathan, who has been a good sport through all of this:  "Contractions make me think of Mouse Trap, because contraction rhymes with contraption."  There you go!

No comments: