So there's not the kind of news we're waiting for, but I'll share what I know: I am still 80% effaced and now dilated to 4 cm. The midwife said, "I don't know why you haven't had the baby yet." I figure God and the baby know why, so I'm trying to be patient. His/her heartbeat sounded good, and she commented that the baby was still moving around quite a bit. She did have me schedule two tests for Friday, assuming I haven't delivered yet: first I'll have an AFI, which will check to make sure that there's still enough amniotic fluid for the baby. (It's not invasive-just an ultrasound.) Second, I'll have a NST, which will make sure that the baby is not in distress. (Also not invasive-just monitors heartbeat, movement, etc.)
It's almost funny that I am worried about being late after worrying about preterm labor early on. After my experience with pre-eclampsia with Jonathan, I was nervous, and God really answered our prayers about that, didn't he? So now, we're getting ready to be past due, but the midwife has not said "induce" quite yet. I'm hoping and praying that the baby will come before induction is in the discussion. Being induced is no fun, and I think (hope) that if the baby is staying put, it must need to, at least for now.
Jeff's coworkers think that today would be a good day to have the baby because of the full moon. We'll see!
Quick edit: The full moon is actually Wednesday. So we'll wait and see, but a little longer!
1 comment:
Can't wait to hear some news!
xoxo
Post a Comment