February 18, 2010

A Project Percolating

The last time I was at Target, I found some super-cute window valances in the kids' section for 75% off. Even though I might be accused of doing something like Maria did in the Sound of Music, I immediately thought of a little girl's skirt or dress. I imagined it on the daughter of a faraway friend of mine. I had to take home a couple of those valances. Here you can see the picture that came in the package (which can be considered the "before" picture) and the valance, folded in half, with the loops taken out.
I am a big sucker for border prints, plus this already had two contrasting fabrics sewn into the hem...I love it. And the top almost has a casing for elastic pre-made for me.

I'll post when I figure out what it's going to be and how it turns out. I'm considering making a skirt and then using the striped fabric to decorate a T-shirt. And maybe something for hair. I'm trying hard not to do any sewing right now...not only because it puts me behind on housework (and I'm always behind on housework) but because I'm trying to get Grace's baby scrapbook as up-to-date as possible before her first birthday. So I'll put this project on hold. Wish me luck!

No comments: