February 20, 2010

Shopping

We went out as a family today to do a little shopping. Auntie Anne's is having Free Pretzel Day today, and Stride Rite is having their sale on Saltwater Sandals until Monday. (Yes, February is the time to get a good deal on sandals! And you know how I loooove Saltwater Sandals.)

The pretzels were super yummy...and being free made them taste even better. Stride Rite was a good experience, too. I so rarely go into a full-service shoe store that the service made me feel special. The saleslady measured both kids' feet (and complemented me on Jonathan's very white socks! Ha!) Jonathan was a size 12 and Grace was a 3. (And I don't have to worry about sandals getting too small like I would tennis shoes! They have plenty of wiggle room.) They each got a new pair of sandals that will, undoubtedly, last the entire summer and then some. I have saved all of Jonathan's from previous years to pass on, but the smallest size I have for him is a 5. And these size 3 flowered sandals are just adorable, right? It's a gloomy day today, but sandals are a little promise of sunny days to come.

No comments: