So, today I had my four-week follow-up ultrasound at the perinatal place, and I'm so happy to tell you that the baby seems to be thriving in its fluid-filled home. The sonographer (who is super nice and the same gal I had last time) says she estimates the baby's weight to be about 8 lbs., 12 oz, and the AFI jumped up to 36. I asked her about the accuracy of the weight, knowing that measurements this late are often off by 10% in either direction. She said that she's probably within a few ounces. She says that it often happens that a mom will deliver the same day as her ultrasound, so she can check the accuracy of the weight, and it's usually very close. I thought that was interesting. Also the sonographer said that the baby looks very filled out, and that she can see a layer of fat on its tummy. Here are a couple profile shots of the filled- out baby:
After the ultrasound, the perinatologist-a different one this time-came in and told me that the baby is doing well even though it's big, and that he wants to see me again in two weeks if I haven't delivered by then. He thinks I will. I doubt it, but I hope I'm wrong. If I am still pregnant in two weeks, he says he'll want me to go ahead and have the baby because the prematurity risks will be gone and the complications from polyhydramnios will not be bad yet. You can Google the complications of polyhydramnios if you want to freak out, but we know that God is knitting this baby together no matter the outcome. The doc says to be sure to keep up my NSTs, which I am doing faithfully. All that driving and the need for childcare is making me crazy, but we are so thankful for this baby and it will all be worth it. And now this post is done because my ribs are killing me.


2 comments:
8lbs/12 oz was Jamey's birth weight.
I wish I was there to help, and I'm glad I was there before you were too uncomfortable since I made you drive to me. :-) Hang in there, friend!
Sorry you're so uncomfortable, friend. I guess the upside of your ribs killing you is that baby is kicking them, which means baby is head-down, right? :-)
Post a Comment