July 18, 2013

A Visit from Sarah and the Boys

My longtime friend, Sarah, came to visit with her boys today.  It's so good to have friends that I have known for more than 20 years.  We don't live in the same town, but we can pick up where we left off.  We got to host her boys for some playtime and show them around our new house.  They are getting ready to move, too - they live on one side of our town and are going to move to another side of our town, but they won't be getting any farther away.  They'll actually be slightly closer.  So, we're excited to see their new place when they get settled.

I didn't take many pictures of the kids playing because we spent a lot of time teaching the two-year-olds to take turns.  Benjamin had a lot of trouble trying not to scream when Adam wanted to try working on his toys.  (Time for some sharing lessons, Benjamin!)  We'll work on that.  But, when it was time to go and the kids were tired and ready for naps, we gathered them on the stairs for some pictures.  I wasn't sure which one was the best, so included a few.



Grace was a little unhappy to be the only girl, but I told her she could be one of the girls with Sarah and me.  Grace will get her turn to be with girls and outnumber the boys when Ella and Delia visit.

Sarah and I didn't manage to have each of our first two kiddos at the same time, but our third kiddos are the same age, so I think they'll be great buddies when they're older and Benjamin learns to share a little better.  Ahem.  But, even though Paul and Jonathan are about a year and a half apart in age, they have a  shared love for Legos...and also all things mechanical, I think.  (It's fun that Levi is old enough to join in on the tiny Lego fun now, too.)  They spent the entire visit building with or talking about Legos, except when we interrupted them to make them eat.  Here they are squeezing in one last technical conversation before it was time to go.  I think we could have left Paul and Jonathan and Levi alone with the Legos for the entire day, and they wouldn't have noticed whether we were around or not.

No comments: