The kids and I got to go on a kids-only, behind-the-scenes tour of our local fair this week. We went in the morning when the fair was not actually open to the public. The weather was cool and beautiful, and we all had such a good time! We got to tour four stations, but there are a few others that I would have enjoyed seeing, too. Maybe if we go to the fair one evening when it's really open, we can see what we missed.
Anyway, here is our first station, a kids' play area that was like a mini science museum with a medieval theme.
The good ol' Bernoulli principle
Bubbles! You can see who loved these.
My favorite picture. Just look at his face.
A balancing game. The lights turned on when you balanced correctly.
The wall of nails, which were plastic pegs. A big hit.
More bubbles!
Of course, certain people thought the soapy water was for playing IN.
I don't know what this one was called, but the kids were fascinated.
The idea with these was to guide the loop over the wire without actually touching the wire. If you touched the wire and the loop, an alarm sounded. Of course, my younger kids thought the idea was to make the alarm sound on purpose.
Learning about horses. Huge horses!
We walked past the animal showing areas, and I wish we could have stopped and watched the 4-H kids doing their thing, but it wasn't part of our tour.
Big tractors!
And a small one. Jonathan was proud to find this one because it also appears in a painting in his room.
I think this was his first taste of chocolate milk. I drank most of it for him so he wasn't on sugar overload. Yum!
Jonathan didn't want me to share the picture of him drinking his chocolate milk because he thought it made him look too young and like he wanted to drink all his milk at once. I respected his wishes.
This lady was spinning yarn from alpaca fur. J was totally fascinated by the little machine. He watched her for a long time while we enjoyed the petting zoo. I don't have many pictures of the petting zoo because both my hands were helping and corralling Benjamin, but it was really fun!
Watching chicks hatch
Benjamin and Grace loved petting these piglets and were content here for a long time.
Grace was so gentle to this little guinea pig!
We all really enjoyed our behind-the-scenes tour of the fair, and I think we'd love to do it again next year, as well as go to the real fair with our family. Maybe we'll get the chance!









1 comment:
Realizing I never commented on this. What a cool experience! I think a trip to this fair will be on our list for next summer too. Maybe we can go together?
Post a Comment