August 14, 2009

The Bag

Here's how the bag turned out.
This is the outside.

Here's the inside-it has six side pockets. It's reversible, so this could be the outside, but I thought pockets on the inside would give me a smaller chance of dumping stuff out of the pockets.


And here it is full of stuff. A loaded diaper bag! Now (maybe) I won't lose my keys or camera at the bottom of my bag.

As with the bonnet, if I make it again, I'll do a few things differently. I was surprised by how tall it is. The dimensions are listed on the pattern envelope, but I was still surprised. It looks more like a beach bag than a diaper bag. I have to admit, though, I'm not a big purse carrier, and some people carry purses this big. So I'm sure I'll get used to it. One thing's for sure, though-with a bag this big, I don't think anyone can walk off with it and go unnoticed!

3 comments:

Karyn said...

SUPER CUTE!!! How fun to get to use boy fabrics and girl fabrics!

Miss you... Love, Karyn

Ava said...

That bag is so cute!

The VM Family said...

Soooo cute! I was just at a baby shower yesterday and this bag is even better than the one mama-to-be got! :)