We made our third annual trip to family camp this past June, and made firm plans to continue the tradition next summer. This is our favorite week of the year, and now that the kids are getting a little older, they remember the details and look forward to them each year.
Family Camp began on Father's Day, so these first couple pictures are not of camp, exactly, but they do begin our adventure. Jeff wanted his special day to begin with a swim before church, and of course the kids were thrilled. And I thought they were awfully cute.
They love Daddy!
And after we visited a church, ate lunch and changed clothes, we made the drive to camp. Sunday afternoon is the time for a carnival and picnic on the field. This is always one of the two hardest days for me because of the age of the younger kids, but I have to say, this year was much easier than the first two years. Benjamin and Grace are both getting more self-sufficient and able to deal with sleep deprivation than they used to be. Here is Grace taking full advantage of the face-painting services.
And Jonathan taking advantage of the fishing "game," which was really a guaranteed piece of candy.
Did I mention that Grace took advantage of the painting services?
She played some games, too.
Boys lounging and waiting for dinner.
They love their watermelon!
Totally mesmerized by the staff skit!
And, later in the week...
Looking down below the bridge
Brothers playing "telephone" at the playground
Love the redwoods and the ropes course. Jonathan conquered it a couple of times this year after getting scared by it last year.
Ella taking care of Grace on the walk down to the train
Everybody loves train day! (In the past, Sunday afternoon and Wednesday, which is train day, were the trickiest for me. They involved lots of details for the little kids, including meals in strange places, sleep deprivation, cranky kids, and exhausted me. This year, I think we finally figured out how to do these days with less trauma, and also our kids are old enough to really enjoy every moment. I loved Sunday and Wednesday this year.)
Fully enjoying the ride through the redwoods! With hats, and without...for a picture, anyway.
These final pictures were taken by Jen's camera or Jeff's phone (thanks, guys!) so the numbering made them appear out of order. There are a couple more from Sunday afternoon...
and one of me reading a bedtime story to the kids. I love this picture - not because it's a great picture - but because I have my precious kiddos gathered for a story all at the same time, and I don't think that's ever happened before. We are reading If You Give a Pig a Pancake, by the way. The younger kids love it, and Jonathan just wanted to be close to Benjamin.
Jeff and I got to take a little walk, just the two of us, while taking advantage of free babysitting services. I am not kidding.
And here's another one of my boy on the ropes course. He's fearless now.
To be continued...














2 comments:
Good job on the ropes course, Jonathan! I did the bridges and the zip-line, so if you did the tight ropes you are braver than me!
Good job on the ropes course, Jonathan! I did the bridges and the zip-line, so if you did the tight ropes and such you are more brave than me? Will Mommy do it with you next year?
Post a Comment