We have been excited about this for a long time, but I have waited to post about it until I could point you in the direction of some pictures to go along with our excitement.
Our dear friends, Tim and Jo (whom we have known for nearly ten years now, I can hardly believe it) have been in the process of adopting a baby girl from Ethiopia. They just got back from their trip there to meet her and go to court to get permission to adopt her. Tonight, they posted pictures! Oh, she is just precious. They have two wonderful sons and will be adding a daughter to their family. We have been praying for her for a long time and are hopeful that Tim and Jo will be able to go get her and bring her home in a month or two. Be sure to grab your Kleenex before you go look at her pictures. :) If you haven't read their blog in awhile, remember to start at the bottom (older posts) before you read the top.
After I wiped away my own tears of joy, I showed the pictures of Lidiya to Jonathan, who has been wishing for a baby brother, and he told me that he'd like another baby sister. He said that after he saw her pictures, he decided he wanted a sister, and that he changed his mind because of Lidiya. You should have seen the sparkly look in his eyes when he said it. He is thrilled for big brothers Graham and Wesley, and so are we.
No comments:
Post a Comment