Thank you to those who have been asking how I'm feeling. I'm almost 23 weeks along and thankful to be feeling very good (as well as feeling lots of kicks.) I feel much better than I did when Grace was on the way, so I'm very thankful for that, too. With her at this point in my pregnancy, I was feeling out of breath all the time and having headaches, too. Not so this time!
My trouble spot this time is my feet and legs. Whether it's because I'm older now, I don't know. I could blame my trouble on the amount of weight I've gained or the miles I'm walking to and from school, but my feet and legs were hurting before the pounds added up this high and before school started. So, I realized that if I wanted to keep my feet from hurting during the day and my legs from waking me up in the middle of the night, I was going to have to break down and buy some new athletic shoes. With feet this size, I can't just run down to the nearest store and buy whatever kind I feel like. But, with some help from my hubby, I did find some without searching too hard. Here they are.
After wearing them on school dropoff/pickup walks, my feet felt much better. And after wearing them during the day, including in the house, my legs felt much better, too. Yes, friends, I am violating our house habit of "no shoes in the house." (I clean them off with a wet cloth when I come in. So worth it.) I wasn't planning on it, but after my legs woke me up again last night, Jeff suggested wearing shoes during the day, and it was a good idea. I look goofy wearing these shoes with just about everything, but I feel so much better that it doesn't matter. Not that I concern myself too much with looking goofy anyway. What's better than making my husband grin in the morning because I'm wearing a big bathrobe with tennis shoes when he gets up? :)
2 comments:
During my pregnancies, my legs and feet hurt, too. Like Jeff, James suggested wearing shoes at home (until then I was a barefoot all the time person). It really helped me as well. I'm glad our husbands think of things. :-)
So nice Grace had a good day!
Love, Karyn
And after you deliver, you'll be all set to go running! (Maybe Jeff had an alterior motive!)
Post a Comment