Grace and I have been walking him to and from school every day, and Jeff was able to join us on the walk to school the first day. It's usually hard to get a really good smiling picture of Jonathan, so this smile tells you how excited he is to start kindergarten.
We ran into a neighbor kindergarten buddy on the way to school. You can see they're both jumping out of their skin.

Of course, he did great, no problem saying goodbye, no anxiety that I know about, and he comes home with fun stories and knows a few more new kids each day. I'm the one who's having trouble adjusting. It's not that I'm weepy...I'm just having trouble resigning myself to the fact that I am, once again, subject to the school calendar and clock each day. I will get used to it because I know it's a good thing. But, it's making me tired so far. I am working on establishing new routines and norms for all of us, and we're getting the hang of it. It gives Grace and me some time to ourselves, and we are taking advantage of it. But, we're always glad to see Jonathan after school.
He has a reading folder that he brings to and from class each day. He gets to choose a book from his teacher's shelf to bring home, and if he remembers to bring it back the next morning, he gets to choose a new book to borrow. As soon as we get home, I put Grace down for a nap and we read together. We both really love that individual time.
Jonathan tells us that one of the best things about kindergarten is learning how to dribble a basketball.

Overall, I'd say that school is off to a great start.
1 comment:
Aww, I love this post! Of course, Jonathan is loving and doing so well in school, I'd expect nothing less!
Post a Comment