August 16, 2010

More on the End of Summer

Jeff has been wanting to take Jonathan out in the woods for some guy camping time. And since trying to sleep on a Thermarest is not very fun for me in my bulging state, I encouraged them to go without the girl-half of our family. When our schedule cleared out on Friday night and Saturday, Jeff jumped at the chance to go camping with Jonathan.

They had a great time together driving on 4x4-accessible roads, kayaking, swimming in a lake, and eating beef jerky. I think it was a special time for both of them.

While they went camping, Grace and I went to IKEA. I'm working on making Jonathan's room more practical as a shared room, and part of that is finding places to store Jonathan and Grace's stuff. After lots of measuring and planning, I knew what I needed to get, so off we went. It's a little crazy to go without help to IKEA, especially with a 16-month-old, but we did it and came home with everything we set out to get. I got more than one "You came by yourself???" comment from IKEA employees, but they helped me get my 72-lb. boxes from their shelves to my car, so I can't complain. Not only that, but kids' meals were free, so Grace got to enjoy some applesauce, mashed potatoes, and steamed veggies, and I got to indulge in some Swedish meatballs with potatoes. Mmmmm. Putting together the shelves I chose for the kids' room is going to take a lot more time than the IKEA trip did, but I'm working on it!

1 comment:

VM Family said...

Yay! You did it! After that challenge, you can do anything! (A good confidence boost going into this "Mother of 3" thing! :)