Target has a deal on Quaker Oatmeal this week: Buy 5 selected items, get a $5 gift card. These cups (brown sugar only, as far as I can tell) are priced at $1.07, and there's a limit of 10. This morning, we had to make a Target run, so I bought 10 cups in my first transaction, earned my gift cards, and was able to use those cards on the rest of the things I needed in my second transaction! (Of course, I got home and found a sticky coupon on the front of some batteries I bought, and I'm exasperated that I didn't spot it and use it at Target. I find that I have a hard time noticing important details when I'm shopping with my kids. I stacked two coupons on the batteries, but this would have been better.)
I imagine that making my own oatmeal might be cheaper than $.70 for these cups, but sometimes-especially when we travel-it's nice to have some convenience foods available. And even nicer that I didn't pay the crazy convenience food prices.
If you want to take advantage of this deal, don't go to the Target nearest me, because I think there are less than 5 of these bowls left. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment