August 14, 2017

The First Day of 7th, 3rd, and 1st Grades

As soon as Jeff and I got back from our trip and thanked Cheryl, school started!  Our babies are getting so big, right? 

First, Jonathan.  His first day of 7th grade and junior high.  He had a lot of big new responsibilities this year, and since I am posting this in November and backdating, I can confirm that he has truly risen to the occasion.


I was a bit sad that we'd miss out on the threesome pictures this year because Jonathan needs to leave home before the younger kids need to be awake.  Never fear, though - on the first day of school they were up and ready early, so we got those crazy sibling pictures.







Jonathan rode to school for the first time - which he had practiced over the summer - and Jeff shadowed him to make sure all went well.  Of course, it did.


Now Grace.




And Benjamin, going to school for a full day for the first time.





And of course, these are the poses of their choosing.


I always appreciate how Jeff makes the first day of school a priority over work and goes to work only after the kids are all settled at school.


These girls needed first-day outfits and pictures, too.

Everybody had very full days and need to retreat to their own corners to read their books.



This is our first year for repeat teachers:  Grace has Jonathan's 3rd grade teacher and Benjamin has Graces' 1st grade teacher.  Grace's new teacher, who is not new to us, texted me this sweet picture of her at school.
A year ago, I was on an accidental blogging hiatus, which I hope to go back and fill in at some point.  right now I'm trying to catch up on 2017.  Anyway, for those who love to look back like I do, I'm linking to previous years starting with 2015.  Links to previous years can be found there.  

No comments: