April 25, 2011

Easter Pics

We decided to take some quick pictures of the kids before church on Sunday.  Here they are looking at the bubble bucket that we got for Grace...it just didn't have any bubble solution in it yet.  I was able to get one more dress for Grace out of the pattern that I bought for her Thanksgiving dress and Christmas dress.  I think I'm done making dresses out of that pattern.  Also, I really don't have time to sew.  (I cut the dress out before Benjamin was born.)



I know that all of the "first holidays" after Dad's death are going to be hard milestones.  If I had to choose which holiday would be the first one to experience, I think Easter would be my choice.  It's so springy, and victorious, and joyful, that it seems it would be easier walk through Easter than one that is more sentimental, like Christmas.  (Both involve lots of chocolate, though, which is undoubtedly a good thing.  :)  )  I know that lots of people are praying for us, and that means so much and is carrying us through this time.

Anyway, here are pictures of the kids.  Our goofy but treasured kiddos hardly looked at the camera.  I'm not sure how old they'll be when we can get their attention all at the same time.  (Last year, the pictures were awesome, if I do say so myself.  So, if you want great pictures, you can look at last year's, but if you want current and entertaining pictures, see below.)








Yup, that's just the way it goes.

4 comments:

Grandma H said...

I LOVE these pics - could stare at them all day!! XOXO

Jo said...

The grave has been conquered by our Lord!!!

I'm glad you could celebrate Easter with a joyful heart, Amy!!

love,
jo

Wicker Family said...

My pictures of my little ones look amazingly similar to this:-)
Continuing to pray for you -- with the hope of the resurrection!

Pama aka Nana said...

Amy...these are so cute! Jonathan is really growing up and looking so handsome! What a great big brother he is. You have such a precious little family.