July 15, 2011

Benjamin and Grace...and Jonathan

I haven't been blogging about Benjamin and Grace's milestones as much as I blogged about Jonathan's.

Jeff's mom visited last weekend, and I realized that she knew less of what the kids had been doing because of less frequent blog posting.  Even though I have less time to post now, I think I appreciate what they are doing even more than I appreciated Jonathan's milestones.  They may be less documented, but more...enjoyed.

So, just so you know, Benjamin was over 20 lbs. at 6 mos. old.  He's not sitting alone yet, but I don't give him a whole lot of practice, either.  He likes to play on his tummy, so he does that a lot.  He's been sleeping through the night for awhile, rolling around for awhile, and enjoying solid (pureed) food for awhile.  He has liked everything I've made so far.  He's down to four big meals a day, which is nice.  He doesn't have any teeth yet, but he's chomping on everything and a bit fussy, so I hope they come soon.  He's still an easy smile and very ticklish.  His smiles are a full-body experience.  Sometimes he'll laugh at nothing at all.  He is a delight.

Grace is talking like crazy.  It's so much fun to hear the things she comes up with, and she speaks more clearly each day.  More words help her scream less...sometimes.  I'll try to potty train her soon, which I need to do before the craziness of the school year begins.  Here are a few recent Gracie quotes:

"Mommy, could you put Benjamin down by Jonathan's toes."

After seeing that her brother was upset that he didn't have a lollipop...even though she has no idea what a lollipop is...and she pronounces it "ya-wee-pop."  "I'm crying because I want a lollipop."  And she wasn't crying.

"Is that Daddy's drink on the table?"

"Could you make breakfast?  I need cereal."

The morning that both older kids woke up vomiting, she told the story:  "I throw up.  I made a mess on my sheets.  It was an accident.  It will be OK."

And Jonathan is still very much in the middle of things, getting plenty of attention.  My favorite thing he has said lately:  "I wish I could be an astronaut when I grow up, but I'm going to be a Lego model designer instead."

No comments: