February 1, 2016

All the Other Pictures from January

Do you think I can smash them all into one gigantic post?
He just looked so big in this picture!

We were at my mom's house visiting, and Darcy and Mary Ann were there, too.  Jonathan said, "Join the hug train!"  and they did!

Her footwear combos are still noteworthy.

A special lunch with Benjamin...and his many faces.  I'll miss having special lunches with him when he goes to kindergarten.




I love when all three play together.

He loves creating things with his "clicky blocks!"

Grace and her classmates had a field trip, and Jeff got to chaperone.  I'm not sure which of them was happier about this arrangement!


Grace was playing with her dolls and wanted to take phone pictures.  Here's what I found.




Me with the "youngers!"

Benjamin wanted a doll picture, too.

More doll time!

These kids make my eyeballs hurt.  Jeff and Jonathan were someplace - I forget where - so I took these too for a lunchtime treat.  And as I said, they hurt my eyeballs.



Legos!

He rarely gets sick - and falls asleep on the couch even more rarely - so when he does, I have to take pictures.

Benjamin and I had a lot of fun with the tracks and blocks.  (As you can see, this stay-at-home mom gets LOTS done during the day!)

more sick Jonathan...

and cozy Grace...

and train layouts...

Jonathan did get a lot of reading done while he was sick.  Have I mentioned how much we love this series?  He and I both love it.

But he fell asleep reading sometimes.

Jeff and I had a special night planned for our family at the local performing arts center, but there were two problems:  1) Jonathan was sick, and 2) Jeff's flight back from yet another business trip was late. This is not unheard of - sometimes he doesn't even make it home on the right day - it's just part of the package deal of business travel.  We were all going to have to miss the performance until my friend, Ashley, came to the rescue.  She offered to have Jonathan over for a movie night at her house, so I offered to take her two middle kids (who are the same age as my younger kids) to the performance.  Perhaps it was foolish of me to take four kids downtown by myself at night, but the kids did SO well, and we all had a great time.

I did get a lot of looks from strangers, though.  Possibly because all five of us marched purposefully into the lobby holding hands, and possibly because these four close-in-age kids look like siblings even though that would be impossible unless they were two sets of twins, and possibly because they were so well behaved for their age.  Or possibly because people thought I was crazy.  Anyway, it was a super fun time.


They may have gotten a little too comfortable in the lobby.





Also, Jonathan had his last Pinewood Derby.  He is now officially too old for Cub Scouts!



The snowballs that the VMs gave to Jonathan have been a hit!



And these pancakes continue to be popular, too.  (The kids aren't playing on the computer...they're cooking pancakes!


They love their dad!

But not pictures.

You can caption these.




Remember when Grace shared a room with Jonathan so that the baby-on-the-way could use her nursery?  Remember when I hung these curtains from the ceiling so that she could feel like she had her own, feminine little cubby in Jonathan's room?


Well, the leftover curtain fabric became bedding for Maddy...

and also covers for Grace's new Trofast shelves.

I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, and what they hide...

and that her old crib curtains conceal her closet.  And provide alliteration.

These are out of order, but they're more pictures from Grace's field trip with Jeff.



And Jonathan continues to be totally enamored with Siri.

Jonathan and his fellow Cub Scouts got to go on an overnight trip on a battleship.  They learned all about it, and slept where the crew slept.  This particular battleship was at Pearl Harbor.  


Jeff and Jonathan had a great time and learned a lot.  Oh, and I think this must have been when I took the "youngers" out to breakfast without Jeff and Jonathan.

Like I said, they had a great time!

No comments: