April 1, 2016

The Zoo on Spring Break...and, Finishing March Photos

For a long time, I had been promising to take the kids to the zoo.  During spring break, I finally delivered.  I figured that a weekday morning wouldn't be too busy, but I didn't count on all the school field trip groups.  It was crowded and hard to find a decent parking place, but I had a really fun time with the kiddos. They thought it was awesome, but not awesome enough to become a member and keep going back over and over.  Here are a few pictures from our time together.  





The giraffes are my favorite, and feeding them must be my favorite favorite.  This is the most expensive lettuce leaf we'll ever buy...but the most fun.  Just look at the kids' faces.




Of course, these kids want to climb any big rock we see.  We have to make a point to do that.

At one point during spring break, Jonathan had a late evening with a friend, and Benjamin doesn't like sleeping alone in his room, so he went in with Grace for awhile.

I love finding her notes like this in my calendar.

I forget what they called this game that they made up with their blankets, but it involved a lot of swooping and laughter.


We went to Lowe's as a family.  If you know me, you probably know that I'd never let ALL the kids climb into/on the race car shopping cart, but Jeff allows these things.  And then he wonders why the kids are driving us crazy...but the kids really enjoy it.

Eventually, I convinced him to divide and conquer, so he took Jonathan (who has been too big for these carts for a LONG time) and I entertained the youngers.  Benjamin always asks to go to the lighting section.  These two are awfully cute.



And I just love this sleeping face.


No comments: