"This vehicle is super powerful!"
(Jonathan's glasses broke. Not because of something he did, but they just finally wore out. It's been 11 mos., which I think is pretty good when you're four! Unfortunately, Pearle Vision is no longer Pearle Vision and also does not accept our insurance, so I'm working on finding a new eye doc and finding out whether we can go ahead and get the yearly exam now along with the new glasses instead of waiting until May.)
Snuggling with Grandma
Trying so hard to hold up her head...tricky when your head is so heavy!
As far as feeding goes, Gracie is gaining weight, but only because I'm coaxing (coercing?) her to drink extra milk from the bottle after most feedings. Each time we "wean" off of pumping and supplemental feeding, she stops gaining. So for now, I'm still pumping and bottle feeding. I know the newborn period is hard for everyone with a new baby. This has definitely made it hard for me. She's obviously totally worth it, but it's overwhelming sometimes. I look forward to the day when every feeding doesn't involve concern over whether she's eating enough. Thank goodness for family and friends who help out.
2 comments:
Oh, Amy, I know! The first couple of months are crazy enough without having the anxiety subroutine running in the background. For the first month our doctor insisted we wake Kurt up to feed him every two hours, even when he (and we) wanted to sleep, because he'd dwindled to below six pounds in his first week. Now sixteen months later he's fine but I'm still so wound up that I think I may be worrying about how much he eats for the rest of my life! I can imagine calling his wife in thirty years and inquiring what she fed him for breakfast.
Hang in there!
Hey, Amy. You might want to check out zennioptical.com for glasses for Jonathan. Megan is terribly hard on glasses even with an optometrist for a grandpa!! I found this website and the glasses are very cheap my stepdad checked it out. I got Megan one pair a year ago and it held up well till she mushed them and I just got her 3 pairs. You just need the prescription from the doctor and then you can order. I don't know if there are any that will suit Jonathan but it may help with the changing insurance.
Glad Gracie is growing, sorry your have trouble with her eating. hang in there!! She is just precious.
Rhonda
Post a Comment