December 10, 2009

Our Precious Boy

Born December 10, 2004, 6:51 a.m.
8 lbs., 15 oz., 23" long
Our precious boy came into the world, head-over-heels, peeing.
He was born to Songs I Heard.
The nurse told us this was the longest baby she had ever measured.
He has brought us even more joy than we could have hoped, and was worth the long wait.


Family. Yes, I really was that tired.

He looks so long and lean! Jonathan ended up having to spend a couple of days in the NICU due to breathing issues. We had lots and lots of special visitors, and most of them had to admire our baby through a window. The nurses scolded me at the end of the day on his birthday. They told me I couldn't have any more visitors that night and needed to rest. I guess I had waddled down to the nursery too many times. We were still in the hospital two days later on my birthday.

My sweet husband and friends celebrated with me in the hospital. They brought me this cake from the best bakery ever. My birthday night was the first night we got to have Jonathan in our room.


Happy 5th birthday, precious boy! We love you!

4 comments:

Karyn said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! The Elliotts hope you have a wonderful day celebrating YOU!

Grandma H said...

Very precious memories! Happy, happy birthdays to you both!!
XOXO

Jaynespace said...

Happy Birthday!! He was a beautiful baby and now he's a beautiful boy (but still your baby, of course).

Ava said...

Great Post! What a sweet baby! Can't believe he's a BIG 5 year old now. My how time flies!!!