December 9, 2009

Five Years Ago

This is the last picture Jeff and I took before Jonathan was born. (This is in the nursery.) It was a week before he was born, right before the Christmas banquet for Jeff's work. I was huge. I didn't know it, but I was carrying extra water weight and had high blood pressure because I was developing pre-eclampsia that last week. Man, I was huge.

Here I am on December 9. At my checkup, I found out that I had pre-eclampsia and would be induced that day. Jeff drove like a crazy man from work to our house to get my bag, and then to the hospital. I don't know what the hurry was, because they didn't actually start inducing until 7 that evening. (Karyn, I should have gotten that cinnamon roll with you. I was just waiting instead.) Anna came and chatted with me to pass the time while I waited for the Pitocin to work. She smuggled in some Frappuccino and M&Ms for Jeff, since I wasn't allowed to consume anything. I should have eaten some of those M&Ms!

2 comments:

VM Family said...

Wowza! Look at you!!

Karyn said...

I completely forgot about that! You stood me up to have your baby! Memories. What a fun one to have!

I can't believe he's FIVE!!!

Love, Karyn