June 4, 2009

Brother and Sister

Since Gracie's not growing out of her 0-3 month clothes as quickly as I expected, she can still wear this sweet shirt that matches Jonathan's. He received his at the church baby shower. I love it so much that I bought the next size up for him. (Does anyone want to use it next? We don't have anyone to hand it down to. I'm serious. Leave me a comment and I'll pass it on to you!) When my mom came to the hospital to wait for our baby to be born, she had secretly brought both the "little brother" and "little sister" onesies with her and gave the sister one to me as soon as Gracie was born. A sweet gift. And I've bought the 12 month size for her to wear later, so you can be sure I'll get my fill of brother/sister matchy-matchy pictures. Here are the ones I took about two months ago. Even though she's not gaining weight like she should, she has changed! And even though our sweet baby smiles all day long, she wouldn't for these pictures. Jonathan has a nice smile in this one, though.

This pose was Jonathan's idea, of course.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement about her weight gain (or lack thereof.) And thank you to Rochelle for calling Gracie! I managed to get her to drink four extra ounces yesterday, but today she hasn't been cooperative yet. The milk from the bottle has just dribbled down her chin. If she's not hungry, she's not going to eat any extra, I guess. I'll keep trying.

4 comments:

Karyn said...

Gracie has really changed--more grown-up looking! She and Jonathan are starting to look more alike. :-) Love the shirts...and the kiddos, too.

We should be settled in the duplex (married student housing), by the end of the weekend. Hopefully I'll have a chance to email and catch up then.

Love, Karyn

Caleb and Owen said...

I love the shirts! Amy - I remember you went through this very similar thing with Jonathan's weight at first. He obviously has no issues now, growing tall plenty fast. I am sure Grace will do the same thing. I know it is worrisome but you are right - she is happy, content...She will eat when she needs too. I know you know all that but I just wanted to encourage you.

The Frugal Muse said...

Ahhh... they look adorable together! And Gracie looks great! You are obviously taking very good care of her! I will pray that she can get over this weight-gaining hurdle. I know it must wear on you... but you are doing a great job!

Jennie said...

Amy - Where did you get the shirts? They're adorable! What size is the one J grew out of? Nathan is in 4T shirts this summer. If I could get away with just buying 2 shirts instead of 3, that would be great! :-)