December 7, 2009

About Jonathan

Crayons still work great for building around here.

But, we have discovered that Jonathan likes to color! Color by number, that is. I don't know why I didn't think of it before...it's so obvious now that this would be his thing. He also likes dot-to-dots (mostly the dots and not so much the coloring.) It works well that he's a lefty, because he likes to sit down and do the left hand side of the picture while I do the right.


I have gotten into the habit of writing a message for Jonathan to read when he comes downstairs in the morning or after getting up from a nap. (It is really challenging to write this big with correct letter formation!) After he reads it, sometimes I'll have him trace over the whole message, and sometimes just a few words. (Writing is still not his favorite thing, but he's willing.) After he traced over this message, he told me that he was going to add an exclamation point to show that he was so excited! I just love his exclamation point, don't you?

No comments: