March 16, 2010

One Year Ago

Here I was a year ago, 41 week pregnant. Jeff was taking my picture, and we were ready to drive to the hospital to welcome our baby boy or girl into the world. Jonathan was going to stay with my wonderful brother. Jen and other friends were ready to take care of him, too, if needed, which made me happy.

The midwife broke my water around 9:10 a.m., and I felt less uncomfortable almost immediately. Our 10-pound miracle made her appearance less than four hours later. The details are a bit fuzzy, but I do remember saying, "Cry, baby, cry!" and after the longest moment ever, she did. I can't begin to express how grateful we were and are for this incredible blessing.



Happy first birthday, sweet baby Grace. We love you with all our hearts.

5 comments:

Karyn said...

I can't believe it's been a year! Such fun looking back at the pictures of the special day. Happy Birthday, Grace!
Love, Karyn, James, Jamey, and Jack

michele said...

Happy birthday sweet Grace!
Hope your day was extra special!
Love, your Canadian friends,
Michele, Erik, Olivier & Chloe
xoxox

Emma Claire said...

I love these pictures! There is nothing like that picture right after you have your baby. It always makes me cry. Happy Birthday, Grace!

Jennie said...

What a sweet little miracle! Can't wait to meet you someday, baby Grace. Happy birthday!

Jaynespace said...

Oh I am tearing up. Hooray for babies!