March 2, 2010

Our Weekend Away

Finally, the post about our weekend away! We took a little trip to spend some time with our friends, Charlie and Paola, and their girls, Sophia and Antonia. We hadn't seen them since Charlie's birthday...two birthdays ago. While I was expecting Grace. So, a visit was long overdue! We took a trip to Yosemite, and Paola and the girls had never seen it before. We stayed in a fantastic place with little cabins for each family, and we shared all of our meals together, mostly picnic-style. Jeff even cooked breakfast on a camping stove and electric griddle one morning.
The kids played in the snow. Yep, that's all the snow they got. There was a lot more at a little higher elevation, though.

We went to see Hetch Hetchy dam on Saturday. The weather was yucky, but the company was great. They say Hetch Hetchy was as beautiful as-or more beautiful than-Yosemite. Before it was dammed up, that is.

Our neighbor made this adorable hat for Grace last week. I love it.

The kids really enjoyed each other's company, especially Antonia and Jonathan, who are just a few months apart. They both seemed to speak "Five Year Old" and understood each other perfectly. Jonathan loved stomping in puddles with the girls.

And here's Yosemite. Tim and Jo, it should have looked like this when you were here! We have taken this same picture lots of times but never get tired of taking it again. We are thankful to have been here with lots of dear friends when they're close enough to visit.

The whole crew!

Jeff and I first visited Yosemite together in March of 1999 when he came out to meet my family. Look where it got us!

I thought this picture of Paola and Grace turned out really cute.

And I really love this one. Jeff adores our kiddos, and they adore him.

The falls were amazing, as always, but especially this weekend because there had been a lot of rain.

Gorgeous. I never get tired of it.

Jonathan had a lot of fun climbing around and exploring.


Grace is not so sure about the backpack. OK, she doesn't like it. But we will help her get used to it.

We had a wonderful weekend and are thankful for our friends!

2 comments:

michele said...

So beautiful! I've only been to Yosemite once and it was when I came to CA for your wedding! Fun...

VM Family said...

Awesome pictures! I agree, that one of the valley NEVER gets old!

This post has inspired me to add Hetch Hetchy to our daytrip list. We've never seen it.