March 28, 2010

Party Prep

For those of you waiting to see pictures of Grace's party, I'm going to start chipping away at it, little by little! Here are some of the decoratey things we put together. I didn't set out to find decorations I could use next year, but that's what I ended up with. Pink will always work, right? And, just about everything came from the Dollar Spot at Target or the dollar store. Favor bags, sprinkles for the cupcakes, craft paper...almost everything. (I am not a big fan of the dollar stores we have here, but I went there for paper plates, napkins, etc. and ended up finding the paper lanterns that you'll see below.)
Here's her birthday banner. I copied the idea, of course, but can't find the link to the idea. When I do, I'll come back here and add it. I'll use it next year without the "1st."

The party favors for the grownups.

Paper lanterns. I ran across these by accident and thought I'd like them more than balloons. You'll probably see them next year. And the next.


Here's what they look like lit up at night. Grace's party was in the daytime, but it was still fun to light them up after the party was over.

2 comments:

VM Family said...

Count me among the numbers anxiously checking the blog for birthday party pics. :)

These are fun to see and I love how pink and girlie everthing looks. Eager to hear more party stories!

Emma Claire said...

Love, love, love the party. The paper lanterns were a great idea!! The party favors on the stairwell is a good idea too! I love all of the pink! Happy Birthday, sweet Grace!