December 9, 2009

Painting

After the water damage fiasco in July, our homeowners' insurance funded the repainting of our living room. This is the only room in the house I hadn't repainted. I am really not up for all these crazy heights and angles. As promised, here are some pictures of the work.
Here are Jonah and his dad preparing the room for a fresh coat of paint. They did a fantastic job for a fair price. I now have a local carpet cleaner and a local painter to recommend. The whole time they were working, I was so thankful for what they were doing...probably because I've done the rest of the painting in the house and appreciate their attention to detail. Did I mention I was glad it wasn't me? (Jennie, they had to take down the wonderful "Faith, Hope, Love" that you gave me, but I reordered them. Jeff works with and Uppercase Living demostrator!)

Jonathan was fascinated, of course. He spent a lot of time watching and staying out of the way.


Here's what it looked like at the end of day one. Take a look at the cutting in waiting to be done on the far wall and the painting/cutting in on the wall shaped like a triangle closest to the camera. It took three guys a half day to finish. I didn't take pictures because Jonah and his dad and brother were doing scary things on ladders and I don't think they needed my interruption. At one point, Jonah's brother was upstairs in the playroom, leaning over the windowsill, holding up the ladder. The ladder was only leaning on him, not the wall. And Jonah was on the ladder. Painting. Oh my goodness.

This is the only tall room in our house, and it was a crazy room to paint. I hope we never have to do it again. I'll take an "after" picture soon. Whew!

No comments: