March 4, 2011

Almond Blossom Time

It's almond blossom time, my favorite time of year where we live. After seeing my friend Jen's beautiful pictures of her girls in the orchard, I started to panic that I would miss my chance to get pictures of our kids. There was supposed to be a lot of rain, and the first time I tried to take pictures, the farmer who owns this orchard was out spraying. I waited one more day and took some quick pictures before the promised rains. As it turns out, we have had more sunshine and fuller blossoms, which would have made for better pictures. But I'm not going to give it another try, I'm just going to be thankful for these. It is really tricky to fit in pictures after school and before Grace's nap. I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as we're enjoying the blossoms. If I get ambitious, I may take some pictures of the trees themselves tomorrow to show off how beautiful they are right now. And, to see pictures of the kid(s) in the orchards in years past, click here and go to the bottom of the post. They're awfully cute!





2 comments:

Dorothy said...

These pictures are so precious. You'll look back at these pictures and remember the ordeal so much more for those clouds in the sky :-)

VM Family said...

Didn't mean to make you panic! :) It is funny how it's even sunnier, warmer and bloomier now. We both could have waited!