March 13, 2011

Grace's 2nd Birthday Party


We had Grace's 2nd birthday party yesterday.  She's growing up as fast as everyone said she would, especially now that she has a younger sidekick!  I used her banner from last year, minus the "1st."  Last year she wasn't walking, wasn't talking...this year, she's so different and so much fun.  (And busy and challenging, but mostly fun.)


My mom helped out so much!  It was a simple, small party, but even simple and small are things I need help to accomplish these days.  Here are the cupcakes Mom made.  I still love my cupcake stand. Thanks to everyone who came and made our little party a success.  We missed those who couldn't make it.  And thanks to my sister for taking most of these pictures.


Darcy and Mary Ann's arrival


Mom and Benjamin


This is how Gracie usually looks:  on the move, unless she has stopped to ask for something she wants or to express her current and passionate emotion.



Doreen made her famous cookies even though she couldn't be there herself.


Corinne and her little buddy.  Corinne is carrying our niece, Charlotte, whom we're anxious to meet any day now.  She looks great but is ready to have Charlotte outside instead of inside!


Natalie, Mom, and Benjamin.  He is a smiley little guy...still doing the crazy back arching like Grace did.


Dad and Benjamin.  Dad hadn't seen Benjamin awake in a long time!


Time for gifts!





The dolly population has grown at our house!


A monkey and some other sweet gifts are here to stay, too.  Grace did a good job telling everyone thank-you (or, as she says, "nate-too,) and giving hugs.  I was thankful she did!


Two!  I had been thinking all week that a Good Mother would take the time to teach her girl to blow out a candle before the party.  I didn't do that...



But, Grace blew out her candle on the first try and surprised everyone, even herself.  She's staring at the smoke here.


She approached the cupcake quite differently than she did last year!


Mmmmm!


One last picture, Dad with four of his grandkids.

2 comments:

Jaynespace said...

Happy late Birthday Grace! You're a cutie!

Allison Bellomy said...

looked like a great party! it goes too fast!