August 9, 2011

So Much to Say

This is an extremely busy and overwhelming season of life for me.  The kids are precious and keep me hopping all day long.  Benjamin is scooting everywhere and has a special place in his heart for a tall plant that he loves to pull down on himself.  I haven't found a safer place to put it yet, but I need to ASAP.  I tried potty training Grace, but after much backward progress (I'm sure there's a smart word for that,) it was clear that I need to wait a few more months before trying again.  Jonathan is squeezing as much Lego play as possible in to the short time he has left before first grade.  And he's in swimming lessons...and loving them!  Finally!

Jeff has started his new job and has also been working on selling our Subaru since we got a new van.  Selling by owner should yield a better price than trading in, but since the Subaru was hit by an anonymous truck while parked at the smog-check shop last Friday, we halfway wish we had just traded it in.  For now, we have to go through insurance, pay our deductible, and get the body work done before starting over and trying to sell it again.

Oh, and Jonathan had a tummy bug last weekend, and Grace helped me discover that large amounts of ball point pen on the skin can be removed with rubbing alcohol.  I'm sure there's lots more that I'm forgetting to mention.  She had a big sickness and a febrile seizure a few weeks ago that I haven't even blogged about yet.  Maybe I will soon.

Did I mention there's a lot going on?  I adore these kids.  I hope I remember this sweet and crazy time when they're older.

Before I forget, I thought it would be a good time to document and share a conversation I had with Grace.  Lately she's been asking if she can have things once she's in kindergarten.  She'll say, "Can I get in kindergarten,"  which means, "when I am in kindergarten,"and then mention what she wants.  Last night it was a purple umbrella.  Here's a recent conversation with my almost two-and-a-half-year-old daughter at nap time.

Me:  OK, Gracie, let's pray.
Grace:  Mommy, I need to tell you something.
Me:  OK...
Grace:  Mommy, can I get in kindergarten, can I have a star balloon with letters on it?
Me:  Yes.  Let's pray now.
Grace:  Mommy, you have a little mole on your neck.
Me:  Yes, I do.  OK, I'm going to pray.  (I pray.)
Grace:  Mommy, I wasn't praying.  My eyes were open.


No comments: