This craft was inspired by Jo's kids' T-shirt capes, and VBS...Jonathan was supposed to dress up on a theme day as something that could fly. I was stumped until the superhero idea hit me. And, it cost me nothing, because I used stuff we had in the house already:
An old T-shirt of mine...
Jonathan's sketch of what he wanted his logo to look like...
He kept himself busy weaving yarn into a strawberry basket because he thought weaving was fascinating for awhile this summer.
The beginning of painting. I sketched his idea onto the shirt with ball-point pen, and just in case you ever wonder, acrylic paint does NOT cover ball point pen. Oops, and oh, well!
a little more paint...
Ta-da!
Jonathan loves his super J cape and has even worn it out in public a few times. And I figure, if he's seven and thinks it's cool to wear his super hero cape, then he is welcome to wear it!

No comments:
Post a Comment