November 24, 2012

Family Day

The Saturday after Thanksgiving was a free day for us.  We were all home, Jeff wasn't traveling, and we decided to go to one of our favorite places.  We hadn't been there since last January, and that was only a drive through, so we were long overdue!  We had a beautiful day together.
Jonathan at Bridalveil Fall.  (I always had it as Bridal Veil Falls in my mind, but I actually read the sign this time and corrected myself.)

These four had some fun scrambling on the rocks.  The fall is so much smaller in the late fall than in the spring, so you can get a lot closer to it.  The loud roar and huge mist at the base of the fall is gone, so the rocks are dry and perfect for little climbers.  I just enjoyed taking the pictures, though.  And, for the record, Benjamin spends most of his time in the backpack asking to get out.  He just has to be patient sometimes.

The next three pictures were taken at our lunchtime picnic spot.  Nothing fancy - just a log to sit on and eat our PB&J.  But, Jonathan stayed occupied looking for "crystal rocks" and the younger two just goofed around.



This was the best picture of Half Dome that I took all day.  Can you tell that I took it through the van's windshield?

There were a lot of deer!  This one was right next to the car.

We spend the end of our day throwing rocks into the river.  The kids could have stayed there all day.  I loved these pictures of my "boys."


On the way out of the park, we stopped and somebody took our picture with Half Dome in the distance.  The sun was so low, we could hardly look at the camera.

The moon was rising over Half Dome!

We realized we hadn't taken a picture in front of the sign since Jonathan was this size, so Jeff set the timer on the camera and we took this one.  Everyone was smiling and it was a great picture, so I was really sad when we got home and the whole thing was blurry.  I shed a few tears.  I guess that's just how I am.  But, that was really the only sad part of the day. 
 We truly enjoyed our day at a relaxed pace in one of our favorite places in the world.  I don't think we're ready to go back to the routine on Monday!

1 comment:

VM Family said...

I love all your pictures, Amy-- especially "Moon over Half Dome". And if you view the last family pic on the iPod, it looks perfect! :)