December 4, 2010

Kicking Off the Christmas Season

Last night, we enjoyed a tradition that we've come to look forward to each year: Dave, Jen, Ella, and Delia came over to make Christmas cookies with us. We had a great visit with all of them and enjoyed some cookies, too! The evening looks a lot different now than it used to with just two kiddos between us. And, catching up with our friends lifted my spirits and kept my mind off of how I was feeling. We tried to include Grace more this year, but between a 7 p.m. bedtime and being mad that I wouldn't let her eat raw cookie dough, she didn't see much of the action. Jen got some great pictures and wrote a great post here. I love the pictures that she got. Be sure to look at the links to previous years if you want to walk down memory lane. The kids were (and are) awfully cute!

So, I'm cheating a bit by just linking to Jen's pictures. But here's one thing I'll add. The cookie making ended with Ella and Delia making their way upstairs to play, and Jonathan and the grownups finishing the cookie making. I seem to remember last year ending this way, too. Our methods have changed quite a bit since the first year of baking when the kiddos were so much younger and needed so much hands-on help. They are so independent now! Well, except for Grace, but she went to bed.

Thanks to our friends for a great evening and for kicking off a wonderful Season!

1 comment:

VM Family said...

Ha! That was my favorite of your pictures too! I "forgot" to include Step 5 in my post: Run away and play with the majority of the dough left for your parents to use! :)