April 3, 2012

Big Girl Bed

Here's the last sleep in the crib.

I had the um, privilege, of taking the side off of Grace's crib with the help of Grace and Benjamin. So, use your imagination, and you'll know what I looked like wielding my allen wrench with both of my little helpers crawling all over me, the crib mattress, and the assembly instructions. It was exciting. And I don't need to see an allen wrench again for awhile.

Here she is, super excited in her "new" bed. I don't know why taking the side off of a crib is so exciting, but it is! I had never taken the side off of the crib before because Jonathan went straight to his current bed when he left the crib. It's really nice that the crib converts so that we don't have to buy any furniture right now.

More practicing! Super excited! I found this bedding on clearance last fall, and she loves it. I wanted her to feel like it was a really big deal to stay in bed, and she does.

Practicing reading. She LOVES to "read" to herself, and she loves to do it out loud, which I really enjoy. However, she tells me all the time not to smile at her while she does it. I keep a basket of books by her bed. It's so interesting to me...a year ago, I had a New Year's Resolution to read to her more often. This year, I don't need to resolve to do anything in that area because she is totally hooked. She is going to be so excited someday when she can truly decode the words and doesn't have to memorize the pages. She is pretty good at memorizing, though.

Her first nap in the bed was spent reading. She didn't sleep at all, she was so excited. She stayed in bed, though, so I was happy. Her first nighttime sleep looked like this...

But more often, it looks like this...

And especially, this.

1 comment:

VM Family said...

So cute how excited she is! And how wonderful for you that she's happy to stay put! :)