but I was able to get away for a three-night trip to see a few dear, longtime friends of mine. There aren't many pictures of our time together because we were mostly talking or laughing, but not taking pictures. We did some shopping and eating, too, but mostly we were just relocating the talking and laughing. Here we are after doing some damage at the outlet malls.
And here we are dressed up for our one evening "out-" for a nice dinner, movie, and dessert.
I am so blessed to have these dear friends, and to be able to reconnect with them!
My wonderful husband took a couple of days off of work to take care of the kids so that I could go on my trip. I didn't worry at all, since I knew the kids would be in such capable hands. The boys even got sick - Benjamin was vomiting - which was sad, but I guess Jeff got a good taste of what I do every time he travels for work. Except that he didn't have to do laundry or groceries. :) I was so very thankful for the chance to get away for a bit. Even the chance to read two or three books on the flights was a huge luxury to me. I am especially thankful for these precious people who greeted me at the airport. (You can tell Daddy was in charge since Grace was dressed as a princess in public.)
And here is a picture of Jonathan the day after I got home. He's obviously sick, since that's the only way he's ever fallen asleep on the couch. Poor guy! Everyone is fine now.

No comments:
Post a Comment