Maybe love is too strong a word.
But, I found some baskets in the "spring" section of Hobby Lobby and I just had to post about them.
I like to have my kids sort their laundry for me when they put it into the hamper...or basket. The boys share a room, and we had an old shelf that was storing stuff in their closet. I thought it might hold laundry baskets...and it did! So, for quite awhile now, I've had them sort their dirty clothes by color: Darks on top, lights in the middle, and reds on the bottom. It makes laundry time a lot quicker for me. (I know it may be weird to have red loads, but we wear a lot of red around here, and Grace has a lot of pink, so I don't have trouble filling a load with red and pink. You can see that some of her pink stuff has made its way into the boys' dirty clothes baskets.) Don't judge the state of their closet too harshly...the boys have a crowded closet, and it's obviously time to wash darks! It would work better if I had color-coordinating baskets, but I just used what I had. Maybe someday I'll upgrade. :)
I've wanted to have a similar system for Grace, but I've just been using the same hamper for her that I started using when Jonathan was born. It was a great gift, and has worked hard for eight years, but with bigger kids who wear bigger clothes, I was ready for a different system.
And then I found these baskets at Hobby Lobby! For 40% off! And they have handles! They work great for separating her laundry, but in the bottom of her closet (which is also cramped.) I had to take them down to the kitchen and take their picture, I like them so much. The handles make them so much easier to use than regular baskets. I'll have her sort her clothes into darks, lights, and pink/reds, too - I need to make some color labels for her until she gets the hang of it. I'm pretty happy to have found these baskets. (Do you think they'll make some more masculine looking baskets in the summer that I could use for the boys?"

No comments:
Post a Comment