September 10, 2013

A Few More Moving Pictures

Just a few more.  There may be others that trickle onto the blog as I settle into life here.  Maybe.

 So...I detest moving, and it was an extremely stressful experience.  BUT, I was behind this truck/trailer/couch combo two days before we moved, and I realized that I needed to be thankful that, at least, I wasn't strapping our couch to the top of a small trailer.  (And yes, I was at a red light when I took the picture.)

 Here we are, enjoying the play set on our last morning in the old place.  The set came with that house, and we left it there.  The kids miss it, but they have a pool instead, so they really can't shouldn't complain. Cheryl took the picture.  She came out to help with the kids while we moved, and we really appreciated her help.

This was the view from my new kitchen to my new family room on our first morning in the new place. The whole house looked like this.  It was overwhelming.

And, here's part of my experience packing us for family camp three weeks after our move.  It was really difficult to pack for a seven day trip when I was living in a chaotic home, and I've never felt less organized before a trip or less prepared for a trip.  But, family camp was the respite from our household chaos that I needed, and I'm so thankful we were able to get away for a week.

No comments: