November 27, 2013

Backyard Pictures

I think I promised, a long time ago, to share pictures of where we live now.  The pictures have been a long time coming.  The other day, we got a little rain, and while the rain brought leaves down and made the yard a little messy, they brought the colors out, too, so I decided to share pictures.

Our backyard is small, but our kids love the fact that we have the pool.  (The pool scares me and I am super uptight about keeping the fence latched.  We fenced the pool right before we moved in.)

It gives us something fun to offer friends, and I'm thankful for that.

There's just a bit of grass next to the pool.

The footprint of our house has a little cut-out place that we use for an outdoor dining spot.  We use it a lot in the summer.

Here's a little garden spot that we haven't made into a garden yet.

We can see our outdoor table from our indoor table.

 Jeff spent a ton of time yesterday cleaning the front and backyard, raking and collecting leaves, etc.  It looked (and looks) great!  Today, though, lots more leaves had fallen and he was irritated that his work hadn't lasted long.  I told him that's how my hard work in the house was rewarded every single day.  I might possibly have used more words than that to explain myself.  He did a great job, though, and I appreciated him taking care of those details.  Now I need to go work on the inside of our house.

No comments: