November 1, 2013

Little Voices

Benjamin and Grace have conversations almost all the time now.  He has his "c" and "g" sounds, which makes him sound so much more grown up.  When I think of where he was a year ago, it's astonishing how far he's come.  They drive each other crazy sometimes, but most of the time, they enjoy playing together, or at least near each other.  I keep thinking about what will be going on a year from now:  Grace will be in kindergarten.  He is going to miss her so much!  It's going to be a new experience for him to have to learn to play without a sibling.  He's never had to do it.  Even though she is very trying at times and creates a lot of drama out of nothing, I'm going to miss having her at home, too.  So, I'm just trying to soak in the sound of their little voices together, even when they're disagreeing...like they are as I type my thoughts here.  (So please forgive my wandering thoughts, since you know I have two talking little people here with me.) She is ready to go to kindergarten, though.  The kids' grandpa sent them cards in the mail for Halloween yesterday, and she read card to herself.  She's ready for bigger things...even if those bigger things are only at kindergarten.

No comments: