March 19, 2014

Grace's Birthday Party

As promised…and not even a month late!  :)  Grace had a fun little party.  If you know us well, you know the typical little family party that we throw for birthdays before our kids are in school…and this was no exception.  The little cousins are getting a little older now, so I tried to give them a couple of things to do, but other than that, the routine was pretty much the same, and we enjoyed it.  We also enjoyed inviting our next-door neighbors to join the fun.

Here's the party hat decorating station.

Here's the coloring and tattoo station (seriously!) with party favors in the background.  I found Hello Kitty temporary tattoos on clearance at Hobby Lobby, so how could I resist?

The birthday girl, anxious to get started.  I found these bunny ears in the dollar section at Target a few days ago, and up until her party, she had worn them constantly, including while sleeping.

A hug for Ginny...

and some dancing to the Frozen soundtrack while we waited for our guests.

Deep conversation.

"I'm king of the world!" he says.


Guests!  Time to decorate hats!


And time to eat!



See?  Tattoos.


The hats were a success.

My mom made this cake for Grace.  When I was very little, Mom took a cake decorating class, and she sure has used her skills for us a lot since then!

The birthday girl was thrilled.



She had a little trouble with her aim, so I helped.






You've seen these two pics before, but here they are again in case you missed the other birthday post.

 Happy birthday, precious Grace!

No comments: