October 2, 2015

A Dress With a Story

When Gracie was little, I made a diaper bag out of some favorite fabric.  I used it so much that I wore it out, but I still had some of the fabric left, so I made a dress for her to grow into.  While she was growing, I spotted an outfit for an 18" doll using the same fabric.  (If you're on Zulily, the AnnLoren brand has a lot of cute doll outfits for good prices now and then!)  Since it was $8 or $9, I had to order it, of course.  And when we had one day of fall weather this week, I surprised Grace with the doll outfit and the fact that she was tall enough to wear the dress I had made - finally.  (You can't really see the matching parts because they are covered by Grace's hugging hands.)  You can see that she's pretty happy about all of it, right?  It was fun to do this for her.

No comments: