After we zoomed up and down the elevators a couple of times, the kids and I went out for a little surprise. I managed to get them past the fur protestors who were holding graphic pictures of skinned animals as well as a life-sized model of a skinned animal. (Gosh, I hope it was a model.) We had managed to do the same the night before without them noticing. Good thing Jonathan was more interested in looking at the cable cars.
I'm sure Jonathan was shocked that he got to eat a cupcake for no good reason in the middle of the morning, and that it was me, not Jeff, who was giving it to him! Here are the cupcakes we chose: Red Velvet for Jonathan, Apple Pie for me, and Peanut Butter for Jeff. If you had tasted them, you would know that their names just had to be capitalized. Yum! The frosting on top of mine was like the brown sugary frosting that my mom and sister put on spice cake. Bliss.

Poor Grace had to be satisfied with some bread that I had brought for her. After we ate our goodies in the park, we decided to go over to the grassy area away from the people and feed some leftover breadcrumbs to the birds. This was great fun until a park attendant informed us that we had to stop because the pigeons made a mess all over the place and then people couldn't eat there anymore. Actually, "made a mess" is not exactly what he said, and I'm thankful Jonathan didn't repeat his exact words. So, we left, but had a great time eating our cupcakes in the park and feeding the birds while we could.
On our way back to the hotel, Jonathan spotted Maybelle. I didn't get my camera out fast enough to get a shot of her, but here's one of her sisters. Jonathan wants you to know that this one is not Maybelle.

And, after a couple more trips on the crazy elevators, we packed up and went home. It was a quick, wonderful trip to the city. We left Jeff's cupcake for him in the hotel room, and he said it made a great breakfast the next day.
1 comment:
Holy Cupcakes! :) And hooray for getaways! Thanks for sharing it all with us.
Post a Comment