May 10, 2010

That Crazy Hair!

Our girl has straight hair that grows straight down, just like her brother. This has worked great with Jonathan. I won't confess how seldom I have to fix his hair since it lays down flat on its own (whether I like it or not.) With Grace, though, I'd like to let her hair grow out long with no bangs...and it hangs down in her eyes. She doesn't seem to care!

But, she won't keep anything in her hair. She yanks out just about everything. Occasionally, she'll keep a clip in her hair for a couple of minutes...
until she yanks it out, with a clump of hair, and hands it to me. And then asks me to put it back in. And then yanks it out. She pulls off headbands even more quickly. I haven't been able to figure out how to get one of those teeny rubber bands into her hair to make a teeny little ponytail.

I have a couple of infant headbands like this one from Gymboree that she'll keep in for awhile, mostly because they are super snug (maybe too small?) and she can't get them off very easily. Most of the time, he hair just hangs in her eyes. I'm afraid it will get worse before it gets better! Hair isn't all that important, but managing it is all new to me...

2 comments:

Tony said...

That is a cute little girl! Big! Remember holding her in the crook of my arm. Miss you guys. You might ask, when are the Francos visiting CA? I say, let's go.

VM Family said...

Same hair as Delia-- I sooo relate! Sadly, all I have is a load of pictures with Delia's eyes covered by her hair, no advice for you. :)