That's how often I will be in the midwife's office from now until Apple Baby makes his/her appearance.
I had my appointment with my midwife today, and we talked over all the stuff I wrote down from the visit with the perinatologist yesterday. (His actual report may not reach her for 3-4 weeks yet, so I'm thankful she suggested I bring a "report" to her myself.)
We will, indeed, be doing non-stress tests (NST from here on out) twice a week and fluid checks (AFI from here on out) once a week. And, due to the way insurance billing works, I can't do them on the same day. So, I get to do three separate appointments per week, and on one of those, I'll touch base with the midwife.
She is of the mindset that we can wait and see how baby does and how big he/she gets, and that my body has done this and knows how to do this, so there is no need to worry yet about "earlier delivery dates" like yesterday's doctor suggested. I'm sure I'll need to hear that pep talk again.
The good news is that she doesn't see any reason to repeat my glucose tolerance test again. She said that even if I did have gestational diabetes, the highest level of monitoring they'd do for me is what they'll already be doing anyway, and that we'll already catch any problems it might cause. So yay for one less screening!
The other good news is that the baby seems to have gotten comfortable lower in my belly, so I can drive with out a lot of pain. He or she is lower down. Yay for more breathing and less cringing! :)
I am going to have to do some major revamping of my daily schedule. I was just getting used to the idea of being in the doctor's office weekly after being there every two weeks. But three times a week? Oh, my. Time to try and be more productive in the in-between times. Whatever it takes to get Baby here safely, I'll do it. It's only a few weeks, right?
Oh, by the way, I am not going to blog about this three times a week. Once a week is all I'll tackle, at the most, unless I have something major to share. I think I'm going to have my hands full doing the very basic things around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment