November 4, 2010

Words

This has been a discouraging week, Monday through Wednesday anyway, which I'll blog about later, so I decided to post about something more fun, like the words Grace is trying to say.  (I typed this yesterday but just posted it today.)  Anyway, our girl who is full of emotion but not words has been trying to talk, which I love.  She doesn't say them on command the way her brother did, though.  She's always her own girl.  Here are the latest:

Mommy (every picture of a woman is a mommy)
Daddy ("Da-yee; every man everywhere is a daddy)
Baby
Hot/cold
Banana ("noo-noo")
Up/down
Out
Off
Wet
Shoes
Hat
Juice
Water ("Wa-wee")
Eat
Poo (She learned this from the tummy bug her brother shared with her)
No (Thankfully, not used as a defiant answer yet, but as in, "No, we're not stopping at the park," or, "No we don't see a train on the tracks.")
Grandpa ("Papa")
Grandma ("Gaga")
Go (Usually uttered in a pitiful voice because it's no fun to stop at a red light)
Ball
Bubble
Hi
Pow
Pop
Moon
Truck ("Kuck," and yes, we're thankful she chose a "k" to start this word instead of what my younger brother chose.  Ahem.)
Tractor (She attempted this today, enthusiastically, and it came out "ka-ka" but was most certainly describing the tractor.  Obviously a girl with a big brother.  :)  )

Sound effects for...
Train "woo-woo"
Dog
Cat
Sheep
Goat
Roar for any roaring animal
Cow
Horse

You probably have guessed, but the average person might not recognize all the words she says.  I guess that one of the great rewards of being a mom is being the one who understands more of what the kiddo says than anybody else does.  Also it's a tradeoff for things like changing 10 diarrhea diapers by naptime, which is what I did Monday.  But it's all worth it.  :)

1 comment:

VM Family said...

Why?! Why?! Why do we always get sick when Hubs is gone?! Same thing around here. Guess God just wants to build more strength and character in us! (Though, I think it's unnecessary since we're pretty awesome already. :)